2017 is almost over and we can’t believe it. We’ve seen MyFitnessPal users collectively drop thousands of pounds, run marathons in the rain and fight cancer. We are so proud of you for your commitment to achieving your goals, both on and off the scale.
As a year-in-review, here are our top 10 most-read weight-loss articles for 2017:
1. 21 Dietitian-Approved Tips to Jump Start Weight Loss
Instead of creating unrealistic goals, these tried-and-true tips from top nutrition experts will help you achieve your goals.
2. 10 of the Best Workouts for Weight Loss
These workouts all have the same thing in common: They’re high-intensity and they burn a lot of calories in a short amount of time.
3. 8 Foods That Are Surprisingly Good for Weight Loss
Eaten in moderation, these foods may help you reach your weight-loss goals — and help you keep it off for good.
4. How Often Should You Weigh Yourself?
5. 5 Pitfalls That Lead to Overeating and What to Do About Them
It’s completely normal to occasionally overdo it, but to avoid regularly sabotaging your weight-loss goals, being aware of the pitfalls can help you avoid them.
Hint: It depends. This article summarizes the different weigh-in times and analyzes whether one is better than another for your weight-loss goals.
6. The Most Dangerous Fat Is the Easiest to Lose
There’s a reason beyond vanity that an expanding waistline is detrimental. This article explains why.
7. 3 Keys for Weight Loss You Need to Know Now
This article touts that that counting your macronutrients, improving your strength and cranking out your cardio are critical for achieving your weight-loss goals.
8. The #1 Habit You Should Have to Lose Weight
Who knew that finding a community can help you hit your goal? Yes, there’s strength in numbers. Read on to find your community now.
9. 5 Drinks That Can Help Your Efforts to Lose Weight
Drinking to promote better hydration, sleep and digestion can help with weight-loss efforts. Consider these five quaffs the next time you’ve got a craving for soda.
10. Ok. You Gained Weight. These 5 Tips Will Get You Back on Track
Whether you’re starting your weight-loss journey, finding yourself in the middle of the struggle or working on maintenance, these tips will help you.